It's a BOY! OR is it a... GIRL!?As a designer for families, I do a lot of nursery design. I'd say 80% of families find out the gender of their baby before they are born but some...just some decide to wait. What fun! I couldn't do it, as I thought the excitement of a new baby was enough. I needed to nest, pick a name and start imagining my little one as boy or girl. So for those who decide to wait, I find they still enjoy designing the room in which their new bundle will reside. There are so many fun colors and options now to create a room that would work for both boy & girl.
A few ideas to make it work-
- Select a wall treatment you can remove later on
- removable wallpaper (Timothy Sue or a decal from Etsy) you can change out down the road. Maybe the red and teal work for her now but in 2 years, she's way into purple. No mess, easy to remove- voila!
- Use colors that will grow with the child
- I love orange or teal as 'neutral' color palettes
- Go all neutral- I love simple tones of creams, white, black & charcoal. You can still make it youthful and fun with pattern and texture.
- Get specific with accessories to personalize the space.